Friday, August 12, 2011

ALL the things I can GROW!

So I have seen tons of "Garden Update" blog posts and well it's my turn. But you all know me. We are doing this "kijjet-style".  Oh yes, kijjet-style. That means hold on to your pants, we are going for a ride through crazy land.

I grow weeds and babies!
We will start our journey right out side the fence to the backyard. Here we find an amazing specimen that I like to call "Crazy tall weed I can't pull out even if I was superman". I believe this truly showcases my incredibly green thumb. I mean LOOK AT THAT THING! It is taller than me! Granted I am 5'1" but that is still an impressive feat. And yes, I also grow babies. Well, baby - singular (thank goddess!). I'm closer to 20 weeks now but yeah (I have really be slacking on getting this post together).



Before we venture inside the mystical, magical, growing-bonanza of the yard, let's take a look at our current surroundings. The drive way. I grow things so well that even CONCRETE can't slow me down. That's right, concrete. You don't need DIRT when you are as talented of a gardener as I am!


Next of course, is the outer perimeter of the yard. The sidewalk. The yard has so much growth that it spills under the fence and creates this beautiful collection of greenery for ALL the neighbors to enjoy. Don't you wish you lived by me? Seriously, look at these beauties. I could entry them in a county fair or something and I would win first price! Alright, if you are ready, let's go back to the gate and enter the... dum-da-dum... back yard. (Hang on to your hats, folks!)


My backyard is luscious and green and overflowing with growth. Try not to be jealous. It is a lot of work to get a yard this beautiful. We can't allow small children to play in the yard because they would fall so utterly in love with the tall grass, bugs and magical-forest-vibe of the whole place that they would never be happy with their own yards, ever again. (Also, we might lose them in the yard and never find them again). My yard is magical and it protects itself by hiding the vegetable garden from all but the most knowledgeable of eyes.


And here is the vegetable garden. Isn't it lovely? Granted it hasn't produced a single vegetable all summer, but that's not the point people. NOT THE POINT AT ALL! Even when you snap a photo of this magical garden, it camouflages itself. I'll give you a hint, turn your head to the right.


And here is a close up of the green beans. Aren't they lovely. It is entirely possible that this is producing green beans and they are just hidden from the average eye. I am sure the Fairies are enjoying some green bean casserole this summer!


Another hidden gem of my garden is this amazing rose bush that WILL NOT DIE. It is like the fountain of youth, but for roses. Sometimes I sit next to it and I can literally feel myself stop aging. But then I think about baby and realize it might not be good for baby to never age, so I move on my merry way through the garden of hopes and dreams and eternity.


Last I thought we should end our magical tour with these sunflowers. These are the most magical element in all the land, er garden. How did they get here? Why are there so many so close together? Who planted them? These things will always remain a mystery. Perhaps by fall they will grow so tall that we will be able to climb them and find a magical castle on a cloud where giants hang out. Who knows. That's why these are the most magical element of all.

So there you have it. Kijjet's garden. I don't like to toot my own horn, but well, as you can see I really am an EXCELLENT gardener. If you ever need any pointers on how to "let stuff grow" just let me know. I am always here to help.

Now get out of my yard! You creeper!

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe

5 comments:

  1. You are a CRACK UP, I am laughing my arse off! Very funny post. You have a lot of growth going on..I am very impressed at the equedistant spacing of the weeds along the front fence. Your neighbours should give you an award!
    And you, my dear, look very happy & healthy. Growing like a weed ;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite blog post EVER!!! I love this. You are my hero Kijjet. My total hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey K...I can guarantee you that you have more life buzzing around in your little "weed garden" than your neighbors do in their sterile, monotone, manicured yards. The bees and butterflies love weedy stuff!

    It was quite funny though!

    You look great, and I can see your baby bump :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, thanks all! Instead of thinking of myself as having a severe black thumb, I decided to write a post that highlighted the gardening skills I do have... (LOL)

    The fairies did let me find two whole green beans yesterday. I was stoked. Ate them right away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay...you are such fabulous fun..I always leav with a smile..thanks for the garden tour!!Fab!!
    HUgs
    victoria
    PS: your baby-belly is looking fantastic..hope you are enjoying your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete