Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Baby, I’m baaaack!

HELLO BLOGGY-BLOG LAND!! How have you been? Hugs to all of you! What a joyous and crazy whirlwind of a summer this is turning out to be. My month of resting did me some good, for sure. The kids are gone, enjoying their summer with their mom and the house is quiet. Q.U.I.E.T. It is lovely and I am soaking it all in because I know it’ll never be this quiet again. At least, not for a long but exciting 18 years.

“Why 18 years, Kijjet? That’s a very specific number.”

Ah, well I am glad you asked. That would be because I am pregnant and don’t plan on kicking this baby out until it is at least 18! Yes, that’s right. You heard me. PREGNANT! (EEK!) This will be my first baby, since Mi and Ni are my wonderful step-kids. So I’ve never done the baby thing before! Let alone the pregnant thing. This has been a truly Goddess blessed pregnancy. I found out on May day, which you all know is my FAV.OR.ITE holiday. And it really has just been a joy-filled pregnancy. I seem to have inherited my mother’s good genes and had a very easy first trimester. No morning sickness or any such things. But, as is apparent by my absence from bloggy-blog land, the first trimester zapped all my energy. Tired does not even begin to cover it.

Peace and quiet have returned along with a massively large to-do list to try and accomplish this summer. It feels like it will never get done. I want to organize so much so we have room for all the new baby stuff we are accumulating (Garage sales are my friend). Yet it seems to be taking so long just to get one project done. I can’t believe it is already the middle of July!

This is what a Goddess Blessed pregnancy feels like.

So, let’s see… I am currently 15 weeks pregnant. I’m not showing yet, but I’ll think about posting pictures once I am. Originally we thought the due day would be December 25th. I had a MAJOR freak out moment at that. As someone born on a holiday (Valentine’s Day) I can attest to how much it SUCKS to share your birthday with everyone else in the world. And Christmas, being as big a holiday as it is, would be the worst one. But we then had an ultrasound and were able to determine the “guess” date is January 1st. Still a holiday, but a much better one to be born on in my opinion. Changes are baby will be born after January 1st, but only time will tell!

We have had so much fun with this pregnancy, finding creative ways to tell people. We told the kids by writing “Baby” in ketchup on a meatloaf. My dad we told by hiding a picture of the pregnancy test with a message that said “You’ll have to wait until January for a better picture” in a stack of photos of Mi and Ni as babies. We said “Want to see some cute pictures of your grandkids?”

We are really looking forward to the months to come and to meeting our baby this winter. I really truly feel the Goddess’ hand in all this. I did a protection and fertility spell towards the end of April, feeling it was just the right thing to do to mentally prepare me for getting pregnant someday in the future and to put protection around the baby and my husband and I. Turns out, I was already pregnant when I did the spell. I could have skipped the fertility part. LOL! But I see it as just one more way the Goddess has agreed with me and said “Yes, you are right. This is the time.” And knowing she stands behind me in this, takes so much worry away. I am able to just “trust” that everything will go wonderfully throughout the whole pregnancy. So many first time moms worry, not knowing what they’ve gotten themselves into, not sure if they are doing everything they can to give the baby what it needs. Me, I just listen to my intuition, I feel the presence of the Goddess and I know in that unspeakable core of my being that all is well, all will be well and all will be blessed.

And so with that I end this first blog post after my long and rejuvenating absence. Blessings to all of you, my dear friends!

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! A baby is such wonderful gift. You have been blessed. Glad to hear you are rested. Welcome back.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah !!! Enjoy everyday of your pregnancy it is such as magical time, and glad your back to blogging as well. When you said you were taking time off to evolve you were not kidding. Congrats and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. SQUEEEE! I'm so excited you are "out" on bloggy land. :) You will need to send me your addy on fb or something because I made the beybey a piggy hat as a baby gift. Babies are such joyous occasions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mary - Thank you! I feel very blessed and finally even a bit rested. :)

    @Mama L - It really does feel like I am evolving. I'm morphing into this body that is able to carry a new life. It is very bizarre feeling at times. :)

    @Gumbo - SQUEEEE! is an excellent word choice! I am squeeing right now finding out you made me a cute little piggy hat!!! You are such an awesome lady! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Congratulations!!! What EXCELLENT news, I am so thrilled for you!
    Mrs BC
    xxxxx!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! Bright Blessings to you and Congrats on your wonderful news..what a beautiful Goddessy journey you are on..form maiden to mother,,shine on..enjoy this adventure..mnay blessings ahead to you and your newly angel to be!
    HUgs
    victoria

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Squee!!* That's brilliant! What an amazing time for you. We're all thrilled for you!

    So many blessings! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Her Speak and Mrs BC. We are very thrilled for sure. And after talking to my midwife today I'm "pretty sure" that weird swipe across my tummy yesterday was the baby! (I was laying on my tummy for a split second and I think it was telling me I was squishing it! LOL)

    @Kiki - Thank you for your blessings! Although I don't feel like a maiden moving to being a mother, but I suppose step-kids can do that to a girl. LOL! This baby will be an angel for sure. It's weird but I already feel like I have a sense of this baby's personality. I think "he" (or she) will bring a sense of balance to our family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Yay! Yay!

    (¯`v´¯)
    .`·.¸.·´ ♥
    ¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·.♥ CONGRATULATIONS! ♥

    .•*¨*•`. ☆ .•*¨`*•.☆.•*¨*•☆.•*¨*•``
    CONGRATULATIONS! ♥
    ✿•*¨`*•. (¯`v´¯) (¯`v´¯) .•*¨`*•✿
    . . . ✿•*¨`*•.¸(¯`v´¯)¸.•´*¨`*•✿ . . .
    ……………… ....♥ •.¸.•´♥……………

    I am SO happy for you! Looking forward to reading this journey! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! I came here to tell you the green thing in the box is a ceramic caterpillar body. The head is somewhere in the box. It sits in a plant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!! I remember my first pregnancy so well... enjoy every moment <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Birdie - Thanks! And also, mwahaha! I was very worried... wondering what that thing was! Maybe it's crawling through your junk box right now finding new things. LOL!

    @Cora - Thank you! I am trying to savor every new experience, even the less comfortable ones (LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fabulous news!! Congratulations to all and best wishes for the happy healthy progression of this most wonderful of natural processes. It's great you're back -- and I'll bet your energy soars now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Clara! Yes, my energy is back in full force. Back to what is was before 1st trimester... problem is I was always a rather tired/lazy person (LOL) but at least I am not a walking zombie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back and sending you a huge congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. K! You're back! Let the fun begin. Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! You came out of the 'baby closet!' :)

    I am soooo happy for you and that your pregnancy is going smoothly so far. At least no nausea.

    I'm up late just piddling around. You are probably getting your pregnant mama sleep right about now. Talk to you soon! :)

    Hugs XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete