Friday, May 27, 2011

The Lion and the Shark

Crazy dreams are afoot. Tell me what this one is about.*

*If you say the above line with a Minnesotan accent it rhymes. ;)

I've been remembering more dreams lately. I had a real doosey of a weird one today.

I dreamt I was on a beach. There were lots of people there. Life guards, families, kids soaking up the sun. At the edge of the beach was a dense forest. I was walking and I wandered into the forest, just a few feet. I look up and there was a lion. A massive red-orange lion. It's mane was almost animi-style. I ran back the few feet to the beach and screamed at the top of my lungs "LION!!!!"
Mass panic ensued as folks (even the life guards) ran from the beach. Then there was a man or a woman (I'm not sure) by the edge of the water. I was concerned because he or she wasn't running away. So I went to the person. When I got there I noticed a shark had beached itself on shore. It was a very very blue shark. The person looked at me and said we had to figure out what was inside it. At this point, I was no longer concerned about the lion. But I looked at the person like they were crazy because the shark had sharp teeth! The person showed me they could fold the lips of the shark over it's teeth so it couldn't bite. Once the person had done that, they told me to reach in and pull out what was in it's stomach. I did only to find weird oatmeal type stuff and some strange car parts I didn't recognize. At about this point, I woke up or the dream shifted. I'm not sure.
So bloggy-blog land friends? Any ideas what this one is about? What was strange was how intense the colors were! I'm curious to hear people's interpretations. Is there a trip to the ocean for this Minnesota girl? Or maybe a trip to Africa? LOL

6 comments:

  1. Oatmeal and car parts? LOL!

    Dreams can be so weird, can't they? Honestly, I am terrible at dream interpretation, so I don't think i'm in a position to help you on this.

    Lately, I am having trouble remembering dreams. But every once in a while, I have weird, vision-like one. I just had one that was so frightening and weird, that I was thinking about posting it. You just encouraged me to do so, soon.

    I love when people share their dreams, weird or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am no expert at all, although I am interested in symbolism & the collective unconscious. Also, I have my Big Book of Dreams next to me so here goes :)
    You left your place of happy childhood memories when you where naturally drawn to a change of lifestyle. A great force drove you - it was so intense it was scary, yet it had the potential of happiness (does this denote your husband? & I think the anime mane may denote your stepchildren?) Orange is happiness & creation, & red is life force that can also have tghe potential of anger..So when you returned to your place of childhood you found it easy to overcome an enemy (shark, teeth situation), there was the potential for peace(blue), you are ruling the roost (oatmeal). The carparts are stumping me a little but I think they might mean that the situation still needs to be repaired in some way. I think the important question is who was the person that didn't run from the shark, the one that helped you overcome its teeth? They might hold answers re the 'car part' repairs.
    Hope this helps.
    xx
    I am completely wrong aren't I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Maybe I should have Mrs. BC interpret dreams for me! My family is from Minnesota, by the way. I get crap all the time for my accent even though I haven't lived there in years. Your little rhyme made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kim - LOL, yeah the contents of the shark's stomach were totally weird. I've never really had vision-like dreams, just strange, colorful dreams I'm able to remember. I'm looking forward to hearing about your dreams!

    @Mrs BC - A good many things sound right in your interpretation! A few years ago we bought my grandma's house when she moved to an apartment. Talk about a place of childhood memories!! What does it mean to rule the roost? LOL. Thanks for this awesome interpretation! I've always found interpreting dreams so interesting, but I never had the knack for it.

    @Dreaming of Jeanie - I agree! Maybe Mrs. BC should start a dream reading service! I don't have a very strong accent. But my dad does! When I lived out in California and would talk to my dad on the phone for a long time, once I got off the phone everyone would notice my accent. My dad's accent would rub off on me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rule the Roost means you are boss of your house :)

    Also - an award for you! http://mrsbcshouseofchaos.blogspot.com/2011/06/award-time.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This past new moon brought very crazy and sometimes disturbing dreams to our household. I am not good at understanding symbolism of dreams, so usually I just go with the explanation that seems to make the most sense; as in the emotion that's in the dream usually is spilling over from something in real life.

    ReplyDelete