I’ve been in a rut lately when trying to come up with interesting things to blog about. I just can’t seem to find any inspiration. So tonight I have decided to write about the most wonderful, the most amazing, the most … well, just plain crazy thing in my life.
My cat Snookie.
Snookie is a 19 year old Applehead Siamese purebred. She is missing some teeth, so she has 3 fangs. The missing fang causes the upper fang on that side to hang out and look all crazy!
She has no front claws. She meows constantly and she walks into walls. She’s pretty much the most awesome cat you’ll ever meet. So much so that I have written a poem about her and painstakingly recorded 13 life lessons that she begged me to write down for her. Enjoy. (Remember, you can click on pictures to see bigger versions).
Ode to my Cat
My cat loves beer and banana bread,
sits on my head as I lay down in bed.
Curls up on radiators, sprawls on top of toys
Has her favorite pillow and cuddles with boys
My cat loves to run, frolic and play
She seems to have fun throughout the whole day
Pristine and majestic, she crosses her paws
To let us know, these are her laws.
Sleep and eat and nap and bite
the finger that just went out of sight
Sleeps in a ball with her smushed lil face
Peeking through her paws in just the right place
Licking inside your nostril as you fall asleep
Is a bedtime requirement that she must keep
Music is beautiful and that is why
She head butts the window shades late at night
She’s got an attitude that’s just her own
But you know she loves you because
In your lap she feels right at home
Life Lessons by Snookie.
Lesson # 1. I don't run into walls. They run into me.
Lesson # 2. Seriously, stop and smell the flowers... or push them around with your head... or stick your paw in the water... or forget all about them and rub against the monitor. Seriously, it's all good.
Lesson # 3. Sticky, folded down 'I've been asleep for 10 hours' ears are couture.
Lesson # 4. When people do crazy things to try and get your attention, ignore them or insist they feed you.
Lesson # 5. If you don't have a throne, make one.
Lesson # 6. When I meow in the other room, it's not because I'm lost. It's because I'm disappointed that you, once again, failed to follow me.
Lesson # 7. Don't let people touch your feet. Seriously, that's dangerous.
Lesson # 8. I am connected to everything, just as everything is connected to me. Yes, this is why I lick the couch.
Lesson # 9. I. am. batman. *stalk - run - leap - roll - 'OMG, he's got a gun' - run away* I'm not the real batman, I'm not!
Lesson # 10. Remember, the space between the piano and the wall is twice as big when you cross your eyes.
Lesson # 11. When you encounter someone who is crying and you aren't sure how to comfort them, bite them in the face.
Lesson # 12. I meow non-stop in the bathroom because it has great acoustics.
Lesson # 13. My Little Ponies are called 'MY little ponies' because they are mine, all of them, every last one... they are my minions. I love them and I hate them, but mostly I love them. It's important to have minions.
Oh and one last edit... if you'd like to see a Vlog post my husband did that includes a video of me and my cat, check this out. It gets a little long. I won't be offended if you don't watch the whole thing. LOL







HUgs...I am laughing out loud..what a FAB post..not only did i enjoy the vid( and your hubby is great by the way) but I so loved everything you wrote..super awesome..and your kitty is wickedy adorable!
ReplyDeleteawww...you are so lucky!!
Thanks for adding a sparkle to my day and making me smile!
Blog about your kitty anytime..that was hilarious!
Hugs
victoria~
Okaaaaaay, I am not really a cat person. BUT! Your kitty really is awesome! And your husband did a great job on the vlog. Lovely post :)
ReplyDeletexx
I LOVE this! You crack me up. I am not a cat person (and we have one), but the couch-licking thing and the My Little Ponies ("I hate them and I love them. Mostly I love them") cracked me up. And I love the pictures of you & her together.
ReplyDeleteHi K.....too cute!! Love all the pictures and the video is great. Snookie looks so lovable! Your husband seems like a real character, I bet he's funny and keeps you laughing. Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna start a "Snookie Fan Club!" LOL! :)
ReplyDelete@Kiki - Thanks for your comments! I think I will blog about my cat ever now and then. We have some other funny vids of her that maybe I can convince the hubby to edit for me. :)
ReplyDelete@Mrs BC - She's pretty much a riot! My husband will be happy you liked his vlog. He has quite a few other videos to that are quite funny. (www.youtube.com/tulleuchen) I might even sing in a few of them, LOL!
@Lydia - Our couch is a microfiber tan couch that is almost the same color as our cat. More then once I have seen her licking her paws, giving herself a little bath. Then 5 minutes later, I look back and there's a huge wet spot on the couch like she wasn't sure where her paw ended so she just kept going (you know, just in case). LOL! And she LOVES her my little ponies. We have some in her "toy box" and she pulls them out now and then and cuddles with them. Then bites them. Then kicks them, then cuddles again. It's the strangest thing I've ever seen.
@Kim - He is a character. LOL. He is slightly awkward in person which for some reason I find so adorable. And yes, you should make a Snookie Fan club!
While I was writing this comment, I paused to take something into the kitchen. On the way there, I slipped on cat puke. Almost fell on my butt. It's a good thing I love my cat so much!
How special. My Minga will be 19 in July.
ReplyDeleteMary
You are very lucky. I adore my Ginger Tom, Merlin. He is learning how to behave in the altar room very well. But I still desperately miss my beautiful Meezer, Jason, who I lost last year to cancer. He was 171/2 and I think he knew more about how to do ritual than I did.
ReplyDeleteThis is fantastic! I love the poem, the Lessons by Snookie are hilarious, and the video is wonderful. Snookie is so beautiful. The photo of the 2 of you just makes me smile. Thank you for sharing your wonderufl little love.
ReplyDeleteHow sweet! What a beautiful kitty. I love those kitty cats. My Luna is the darling of my life.
ReplyDelete@mxtodis123 - Older kitties have a special charm, don't they!
ReplyDelete@Anonymous - I'm so sorry you lost your cat. They become family, don't they. I am glad Merlin is learning to behave though!
@Mina - Thank you for your kind comments. Snookie is even more hilarious in real life.
@Clara - I've had bonds with cats before, but never a bond as special as this one. She's definitely my darling too. She has been my companion through very dark times and you know, a good bite in the face is exactly what one needs sometimes to snap out of it! :)
OK, that was hilarious! I have a cat and he is pretty nasty and evil. I am not sure the exact reason I have him because he is incredibly selfish. He barfs on the carpet, he has fake fur ball attacks when I am sleeping, he conveniently misses the litter box when he is taking a dump...the list goes on.
ReplyDeleteThe weirdest thing? He has this mad desire for skim milk. (He is one of those cats that tolerate milk.) He ignores us every minute of the day but the second the seal breaks when we open the fridge door he is THERE meowing. He CRIES if we don't give him some. CRIES! The weirdest part is it has to be skim milk. God forbid if it is 1%! For Christmas one year I got him a can of evaporated milk, thinking he would love it but no, he wouldn't even smell it.
But, I love him. I can't imagine life without him. He is my fur baby!
What a cute little fluffball! I have a little furbaby kitty as well. She is the love of my life. I love the ode to your cat! Very beautiful, thank you for sharing.
ReplyDelete@Birdie - That's so funny about the milk! Cats are strange creatures. Snookie pukes and what not but that's mostly due to her IBD. We give her medicine twice a day to curb the puking.
ReplyDelete@Love of the Goddess - Thanks! She really is a little fluffball. It amazes me how soft she is even though she is now about 19 years old. Usually older cats get really scruffy by then, but nope she's still as soft as a kitten and plays like one too. :)
Ann Burton-- COSA NOSTRA?
ReplyDeleteNice?