Friday, April 8, 2011

Swirls and Whispers of Spring

This week has been especially crazy, with birthdays and broken toilet seats and the fighting of teenage energies clashing against everything. And those are just all the things that happen after work! :) Even still, life is beautiful. I see the lilac bush outside my office trying so hard to push out its little green leaves. The tulip leaves have grown two inches this week, hopefully next week we’ll start to see flowers.

I love spring. I love the newness of it. Each year it is new. I also love it because it means the return of Nag Champa season. I love my incense but I have smoke sensitive people in the house, so it has to be warm enough to open windows and give the excess smoke an escape route. With my new office space all kijjet-y now, I’ve been burning incense non-stop. [insert heart symbol here]. Pretty soon will be the start of campfire season and watering my plants at lunch time season. So many seasons in Spring!

Being surrounded by all this wonderful Spring energy inspired the following. Enjoy.

Swirls and Whispers of Spring
by kijjet


Singed in the strong morning light, she comes. Light and shadow in one. A dance of swirls and whispers: opening flower petals, encouraging clovers, waking squirrels. She is Spring. And her dance climbs the trees and rustles the new leaves. Her dance is the merriment of the waking world. I see her and rejoice.

I laugh as she comes near, her soft lips touching my brow. ‘Blessings to you,’ she says and I know her grace and giggle at it. I go with her then, opening flower petals, encouraging clovers, waking squirrels in her wake. I rediscover the world again and again. She takes my hand and her beauty is intensified. I swoon at the earth energy she becomes. And it is her turn to laugh at me. My blush deepens. She giggles, kisses my cheek and whispers ‘Red like Roses’.

In three words, she has made me more beautiful than what can encompass space and time. I am her dancing partner, two girls with flowers in our hair, two lovers entwined in the morning air, two Goddesses welcoming Spring.

3 comments:

  1. Wow..what a beautiful post!!Such gorgeous imagery...inspiring and spiritual!I absolutely love nag champa too..one of my faves!!Awesome post...lovely.
    Have a sparkling wkd!!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kijjet...broken toilet seats...huh? That can't be good. LOL!

    I'm a smoke sensitive person too, so I just use lavender essential oil. Anyway...I loved your poem, especially the line: "She giggles, kisses my cheek and whispers 'Red like Roses.'

    Your 'Goddess poems' make me feel good inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both of you for your awesome comments!

    Kim - I only need one word to explain the broken toilet seat. "Kids" LOL

    ReplyDelete