Monday, April 4, 2011

I wanted to post something meaningful, but I only got this.

Heavy sigh.
Trembling across all 7 chakras
Tiredness seeping into the corners of elbows and the bottom of earlobes
Last night lacked dreams
Or even dreams of sleep
And now today has been an exercise in discipline

Heavy sigh.
Cascading like a crying river
I am but motions today
Empty movements of limbs
Eyelids drawn down
Pearls of tiredness hanging from the tips of eyelashes

Heavy sigh.
For I know not what night holds
Sleepless exhaustion or dreams blessed by the Goddess
My mind tries to process this decision
Go now and leave the fate of sleep to the Goddess
Or hold on to awake-ness until sleep is guaranteed

Dear Goddess, bless me
And let this heavy sigh be one of sleep

I thought I'd throw in a picture of my cat in case you don't like the poem. :)

5 comments:

  1. Don't like the poem? The poem is wonderful. Poets always amaze me, perhaps that's why I am so taken with John Keats. :)

    I guess you didn't get good sleep? My sleep wasn't the greatest either, especially when someone is snoring in my ear...

    Sweet dreams tonight to you then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful poetry..shine on my friend...and such abeautful cat...!! Wishing you a sparkling wkd ahead!!

    and hey..thankyou for your hubby's link..it was fun to watch..he has a great voice!
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all! I like this poem a little bit more now that I read it again when I wasn't quite so tired! I've been having a hard time sleeping all week. Don't know why. Hopefully tonight will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the world of blogs. I love both the cat and the poem.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete