Saturday, April 2, 2011

My New Sacred Office Space!

I said I would post pictures of my altar/personal area if I was able to create it this weekend. Well, guess what!! I did it. And the whole process was joyous and wonderful. Dusting off so many awesome treasures and keepsakes.

But before you see the good stuff, first you have to suffer through photos my old office. :) (Remember, you can click to see bigger versions).



I recently painted my office an amazing combo of smokey purple and gray, but I hadn't quite figured out how to decorate it. It's a work space, so it does get messy... hence the clutter.

Now on to the GOOD stuff.

Check out my new and improved office / sacred space!

|
|
|
|
\/



The Office Side of my new Space
The Sacred Side of my new Space


And it seems Kali has re-emerged for awhile
 Now close ups of my bookshelf! (Sorry, no particular order here.)










 I was inspired by Kiki at Heart of a Wizardess and wanted to make something special with some antique bowls my Grandma gave me. Here is the result!


This is my trying to be artsy and wonderful, like Kiki.



There you have it! My new space! Thanks to everyone who has been so incredibly inspiring to me this week! I channeled all your energy as I created this space. :)

Blessings Galore,
kijjet

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow! I am blown away! You did a wonderful job. The space looks so cozy and inviting even through the pictures!

    I also enjoyed enlarging each picture and peeking at all your beautiful crystals and items. :) What is that one crystal that is pink and really long like a chili pepper?

    And I like your bowl with the candle. I too was inspired by KiKi (Victoria) with her offering bowls and even went out and bought myself a glass bowl to do something similar.

    Thanks so much for sharing your pictures with us. And I'm glad you have your own sacred space now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! The pink crystal is mookite, an Australian jasper. It's one of my favorite stones because it pretty much does everything! I have a very pink one, but a lot of times you'll see them with large streaks of yellow through them. They help with self-esteem and depression. And also encourage you to be more social, along with a load of other things. This one called out to me when I was working at a book store that sold tons of crystal. It's helped me through some hard times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm familiar with mookite from making jewelry, but not in a metaphysical way. Thanks for sharing that info. I will have to see if I can find some around here, so I can work with it. I didn't know mookite was shaped like that! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your space! It's beautiful, I'm so glad you have a space to call your own and sacred now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...what a powerful and beautiful post! Everything is gorgeous dazzling and beautiful! A wonderful sense of peace and harmony fills the space!! So beautiful!! Thanks for sharing such inspiring creations...your sacred space is awesome! and i am so touched you mentioned me..how beautiful you are! you are incredibly sweet! I am honored!

    I love your blue colored sheet..such an uplifting color..and the beautiful crystals and everything!
    Hugs ad sparkles...fabulous post!
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your wonderful comments everyone! I'm actually not dreading going to work tomorrow! Cuz now I get to swivel my chair around and look at all my wonderful things!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the smoky purple .. I can never fully commit to gray on walls, this might be the solution!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I love the smoky purple too. The gray color was actually called Ostrich feather (it totally did not look gray on the swatch, it looked beige). But I love how it turned out. My office doesn't get a lot of light and it had horrible dark paneling before I painted. I loved the purple but couldn't bring myself to paint the whole room another dark color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful!! I love all of your crystals and little figurines! Everything looks so nice a personalized. Great sacred space! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so cool! Your office space looks like a blast to work in, and you probably spend a lot of time working there! Very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete