Saturday, April 16, 2011

Got me some Youngite!

Today Mi, my mom and I all went shopping on a girls day out. It was a great day. Mi got lots of new spring clothes (thanks to her grandma spoiling her). And I got to spend time in my earthy store. It was exactly what I needed. I got a great fair trade dress and skirt at the store. I also got some Tibetan meditation chimes. I then talked to the girl behind the counter for a long time while looking at necklaces and stones. We had extremely similar view points on stones so it was awesome to just chat for a bit. A lapis lazuli necklace pendant was calling out to me. And I mentioned that which got the conversation going. At one point, she said "Have you ever held youngite?" to which I said I wasn't sure (I've held a LOT of stones when I worked at the good ole bookstore). She pulled it out and said "I don't usually encourage people to hold the stones because sometimes they leave bad energy on them and being stuck in the store I have no good way to cleanse them." So while I held the youngite we talked about cleansing techniques and what not. Well, let me tell you, youngite is some strong sh!t! My arms were tingling up to my elbows and I felt it pulsating all the way up my spine and into my crown chakra. I held a few of them, but there was only one that made me feel that way.

Yeah. I bought it. Before I left she said she was glad that stone was going home with me. And that she remembered me coming in other times and thought I had good energy. [Insert possible friend crush here]. When I left the store it was hidden away in my bag (I needed some distance, it was making me light headed it was so strong). As we walked around other stores, I could energetically feel exactly where it was in the bag. And I felt happy, like something strange had been mis-aligned but now was aligned correctly again. And as a few minutes passed, I was feeling braver almost. I said to my mom, "Would it be weird if I went back into that store and gave her my email and asked her to be friends with me?" My mom encouraged me and said if it happened to her she'd think it was sweet. I was feeling unstoppable, so I did it. She seemed open to it, so we'll see. Maybe I made a friend out of the deal. She lives in the city 30 minutes away, but that's not too far to visit and whatnot.

Now that I'm at home, I can't believe I did that. Usually I am plagued by social anxiety with those kinds of things. I sat with the youngite for awhile to try to get a sense of what it was all about. The sense I got was that it was a heavily cleansing stone, almost like a filter you could run all your energy through and it'd come back cleaner and more aligned. Second, going off my own experiences with it this afternoon, it felt like a stone that encourages bravery or maybe vulnerability since they go hand in hand. Of course, then I googled it. I found a decent article here and you know what, not to toot my own horn (but I will probably because the youngite is right next to my computer) as usually, I was pretty accurate in my interpretation of the properties of youngite. :) Also, the website's description of the stone almost smiling at you is SPOT on.

Happy Saturday everyone! A much better ending to today than this morning's post eluded to. :)

PS - Some day when I'm way less exhausted I will take pictures of my new Youngite!

11 comments:

  1. Oh also, as we left the mall, we walked into Barnes and Noble and this little boy (maybe 4 or 5) jumped in front of us and spread his arms out wide saying "NO! You can't go in!"

    I said "Oh! There's a password to get by isn't there! Is it dragon?" And the boy says "Nope!".

    "How about Tiger?" (He was wearing a jacket with an Asian-styled tiger on it)... "Uh-uh." "Hmm" I say, "What about Karate or Kung-Fu?"

    At this point, the dad says "So sorry" and starts to pull the boy away. As the boy leaves, he says "Yeah! The password is Karate!" To which I obviously reply "Oh good! I can go in now!"

    Reading through the healing properties of Youngite, the sentence below makes me think I was walking around the mall oozing kid-energy and that's why the little boy decided to play. :)

    "helps you with connecting to those aspects of you that broke of as a child."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, can't believe I need to leave another comment on my own blog post. LOL!!

    P.S.S. - Anyone who owns the crystal bible, would you be willing to look up Youngite and see if it's in there? I curious to know what the good ole crystal bible says.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of youngite! I looked it up after i read your post and it wasn't at all what I was expecting. Honestly, I don't even find it that pretty-looking. But fortunately that's not what determines a stones worth.

    I looked up youngite in at least four of my crystal books and none of them list the stone.

    Perhaps the youngite raised your vibration and that's why the child in the store reacted to you the way he did. Young children vibrate at a higher rate than adults...as do animals. Maybe that's the reason?

    Hope you and youngite forge a great bond. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's kind of a weird looking stone... kinda like dried snot that has crystallized. LOL!

    I've been doing more research and found this definition too. I think I like this one more. (The whole website seems pretty awesome actually so I bookmarked it. I bet you'll like it too.)

    Magical Moon's Definition:
    Youngite will help us to discover the inner child within us all. Good for remembering child hood experiences. These will also fluoresce under a black light. A power crystal for warriors and leaders. Also said to be a source of personal power. Lights the way. Working with Youngite opens the third eye and facilitates night vision. It also can be used to stimulate the areas of the throat and heart chakra. It is a mineral of wisdom, contemplation and devotion, all stemming from its resonance with the heart. It is a mineral of hidden virtue, of holding one's counsel until asked and watching without judgment.

    http://magickalmoon.webs.com/stonessz.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dried snot! LOL! That's a perfect description!

    Youngite sounds like a great stone to have, despite it's "snotty-ness". :)

    I'm going to check out that crystal site. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came to see the blog that was driving so much traffic to my article on youngite. What a great story you have to share with everyone. :) I have had youngite for a few years now and it is such a nice stone to have around.

    To answer your question, the only description on youngite I have found is in Judy Halls Crystals Bible #2.

    I am surprised you found it in a store, I frequent stores in MN where I live and have never found it, what a great find and thank you for the positive comments on the article.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Minnesotans! I'm in Minnesota too! But I actually found this in Wisconsin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had some time in such a beautiful shop with a kindred spirit. May the rest of your week be as wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay! Sounds like a wonderful adventure..and how awesome to meet a new sparkling kindred spirit! Yay..enjoy enjoy!
    Wishing you much magic always...and thanks fo sharing your beautiful story!
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you for putting yourself out there to connect with someone new! I'll have to look for some youngite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will have to look for youngite in a favorite store in Flagstaff AZ -- Crystal Magic. I found a piece of Selenite there that attracted me a couple of years ago, but don't remember seeing Youngite. Amazing how powerful stones can be. Hope you made a new friend!

    ReplyDelete