And I walk. I don't know where I am going, only that my legs continue down this path. There's death and decay behind me and new life ahead. I am torn. Death and decay hold comfort and beauty often unrecognized. For within this decay breaths the life force at its most vulnerable and powerful stage. Who am I to move hastily towards new life? As if the answers are in new green blades of grass. How selfish we have become to only find our joy in birth. Does Ma not dance with every energy, new and old? Does she not destroy in order to create? We are so one-sided, single minded in this journey. And this leaves us incomplete. Even with this knowledge close in hand, I still find myself rushing forward, anxious for what I have been taught to appreciate. But when I get there, I am not changed for I have neglected myself in decay.
[Originally written on 03/19/2006]
No comments:
Post a Comment