I sat with the Goddess today. And she isn't happy. Her many personalities were showing, and at times overlapping. The mother Goddess who has no name to me - she just is - she was kind and compassionate. Her younger self was as well. It was Kali who was angry. She made my inner world tremble. Mother Goddess reminded me that Kali is a mirror to myself. She is showing me something through her anger that I need to see. I know what she wants me to see. I know I should see it. But I can't lie to the Goddess and I just, I'm not there yet.
People who think following the Goddess is all dancing barefoot and drinking tea - they've got it wrong. It is not always easy. The path is not always clear. Actually, in my case, the path is clear. It is the traveling of it that I am unsure of.
But despite all this...
I made a space for the Goddess and she came. I sat with her. I felt her hands upon my shoulders and her kiss upon my brow. I felt her sharp anger too, but it was for a purpose.
And as I sit and type this, the presence of her hands linger. And I feel cleansed.

Oh Kijjet, I love you for posting this. It's so true -- it's not all dancing in the moonlight. It is reflection and meditation and accepting divine guidance as it is, in all its difficulty. Beautiful and rewarding, but requiring effort and collaboration with the faces of the divine.
ReplyDeleteThanks Nachtigall. I couldn't have said it better. It is a collaboration and you don't always get to pick the subject matter!
DeleteThis is a beautiful post Kijjet, so full of truth. IN order to have balance within our souls we must accept that which makes us as uncomfortable as comfortable. I wish you growth and wisdom in your journey. Mina
ReplyDeleteThanks Mina! Growth is always uncomfortable. But it is worth, so I will slowly try to stare into the face of the Goddess and see what she wants me to see - no matter the discomfort. :)
DeleteThank you for this post! It's true-- the goddess path isn't all flowers and moonbeams. There is serious work, sometimes scary work--she has many faces. )O(
ReplyDelete