Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Mosaic of Thoughts


I had a strange dream this morning. I dreamt that I invited some random guy over to give me a tattoo in my dad’s kitchen. I didn’t know what tattoo I wanted so I just let the guy do whatever. He ended up putting a big heart with a ribbon across it that said “Know” on one butt cheek. 


 And on the other cheek the cover of a children’s book (I don’t know which one. I'm guessing with the image below. I do remember it was pinkish). 



The whole time a friend was popping in and out of the dream freaking out that I was letting him tattoo me at home, that it was unsanitary and I was crazy for getting these tattoos. Once he got the two tattoos done, I realized I didn’t want these tattoos. It looked silly. So I showed him my wall hanging of Kali and asked if he could change the two tattoos into a big image of Kali that would go across my back. He said he didn’t draw and couldn’t do it (which I thought was strange seeing as he drew my other two tattoos). But I let it go and decided I’d just go to a tattoo parlor later and have it done.

Here are the main elements I am seeing in this dream…
1. Something new that is permanent
2. “Knowing” something that involves my heart
3. Children books
4. My desire to have a symbol of a fierce mother permanently across my back

So where do I go from there!? LOL. What does it all mean!? (I'm not that concerned but that it was an interesting dream to remember and write about.) In other news, I painted some goddess figures. Two are greeting card size. I'm toying with the idea of trying my hand at making greeting cards. We'll see. If I can get my printer/scanner working tomorrow, I'll try to post them.

And finally, because my amazing husband just brought me a totally decked out egg sandwich, I'll post a poem I wrote about my hubby when I first met him. :)

Canary Colors

Canary colors meld into streams and I exist in conjunction to you
And in this swirling mess of light bulb colors I begin to understand
The meaning behind the rocky bed stream home you are to me
And in this massive sky I see you in the rain clouds and I know
The tears how they pour down when you think my eyes are sleeping
Here comes the truth if you cover your ears hard enough you will hear
Somewhere in this painting of me, you are rearranging my color scheme
And I melt and twirl and glide on the tips of brush strokes
Boom! You are the explotion of color to my black and white nightmare
and my skirt flows in your wake
soaking up the colors like jeans soak up rain puddles
the streams, the sky, the swirling mess between... 
all have your signature, your mark, your presence, you 
and at last my song is at peace.

2 comments:

  1. Your dream had me laughing! A butt cheek of all places! I notice that my dreams get more vivid around the dark moon, which will be here soon. What about you?

    Your Goddess greeting cards sound nice. Have you thought about selling on Etsy? I do, and I like it there. It's easy to navigate.

    I admire people who can write poetry. My mom was a good poet. Me on the other hand...stink. But I can weave a great tale, just not a great poem.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I know, why the butt cheek?!

    I tend to have a lot of vivid dreams that I remember. Maybe it happens around the dark moon, I don't know. I never noticed. I think part of it has to do with the fact that I have arthritis so I wake up a lot to switch positions. Before I went to bed that night my hips were hurting pretty bad, so maybe that's the reason for the butt tattoos!

    I've been writing poetry since I was 11. Not all of it is very good, but it's more about the process of writing it. It's like a meditation for me. Writing poetry grounds me.

    ReplyDelete